Invigorate your feet at the end of a tough day with this rich and minty scrub. The raw sugar scrub will smooth and cleanse, while the cocoa butter makes your feet super soft. Peppermint oil is a well-known energizer. Use this scrub anytime your feet—and spirits—need a lift. MAKES 6 OUNCES.
• 2 tablespoons cocoa butter, grated
• 2 tablespoons almond oil
• 1/2 cup raw sugar
• 4 to 5 drops peppermint essential oil
1. Gently heat cocoa butter and almond oil until cocoa butter melts; stir well.
2. Add sugar and peppermint oil and mix.
3. Massage into clean feet and rinse with warm water. If your feet are extremely dry, massage in a bit more cocoa butter and cover your feet with clean cotton socks for 15 to 20 minutes.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home, Natural Beauty for All Seasons and Natural Beauty from the Garden, all published by Henry Holt and Company (New York). For more recipes and ideas, visit her at HerbCompanion.com/Contributors .
For more cocoa-based recipes from Body & Soul: Chocolate Spa Treatments, click here.