New moms and dads benefit from beauty treatments that nurture and soothe.
This lightly scented, spicy oil makes a wonderful gift for your partner. A massage using this oil is a nice way to reconnect with each other. Your new baby is a joy to have and be around, but remember to also make time for each other. A relaxing massage is a great way to start! MAKES 4 OUNCES
• 1/2 cup light oil (canola, almond or sesame)
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Mix together all ingredients and pour into a clean container. You may need to shake the oil gently to blend before using.
2. To use, massage a small amount into skin. This oil also makes a nice bath oil or after-bath moisturizer.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt, 2002), available on our Bookshelf, Page 58. For more information and recipes visit her at www.herbcompanion.com/contributors .
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Beauty Treatments for Pregnant Women .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE