Castor oil mixed with lanolin is soothing to dry, cracked lips and acts as a moisturizing balm to give your lips a natural shine. I also use this Castor Oil Lip Balm recipe on my eyebrows to condition them and keep them in place. MAKES 1/2 OUNCE
• 1 teaspoon castor oil
• 1 teaspoon lanolin or coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon grated beeswax
1. Melt castor oil, lanolin and beeswax using a water bath.
2. Pour melted mixture into a lip gloss container or clean pillbox. Cool completely, until cool to the touch, approximately 20 minutes.
3. To use: Rub into your lips and enjoy.
Janice Cox enjoys creating her own natural beauty products at her home in Medford, Oregon. For more of Janice’s wonderful, natural recipes, visit Natural Beauty at Home.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Natural Lip Gloss & Balm at Home.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE