Aloe vera makes a soothing aloe vera lip gloss with a very high moisture content. I like to use this gloss in the summer after I have spent time in the sun. MAKES 1/2 OUNCE
• 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
• 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon petroleum jelly (optional)
1. Mix ingredients in a shallow dish or cup using the back of a teaspoon. Gently heat mixture until coconut oil has melted. (I heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.)
2. Pour melted mixture into a lip gloss container or clean pillbox (both available at drugstores).
3. Cool completely, until mixture is cool to the touch and solid, 10 to 20 minutes. You can speed cooling time by putting the gloss in the refrigerator.
4. To use: Rub into your lips and enjoy
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE