Lips are a unique part of our body in both appearance and construction. Keep yours looking and feeling their best with this simple lip care recipe.
This Almond and Cocoa Butter Lip Gloss is good by itself or under lipstick. Cocoa butter on lips conditions and protects the lips and has a mild chocolate scent. I like to use this gloss over lipstick for extra shine. MAKES 1/2 OUNCE
• 1/2 teaspoon grated beeswax
• 1 teaspoon cocoa butter (grate if using solid cocoa butter)
• 1 teaspoon almond oil
1. Melt wax, cocoa butter and oil using the water-bath technique (see sidebar below). Pour the melted mixture into a lip gloss container or clean pillbox.
2. Cool completely, until cool to the touch and solid in form. You may refrigerate to speed up cooling time.
3. To use: Rub into your lips and enjoy.
The water-bath technique is a simple way to gently heat ingredients. To use, simply place the ingredients you want to melt in a heat-proof glass measuring cup or bowl. Then, put your glass dish inside a larger pot. Add enough water to the large pot to submerge your glass dish about halfway. Boil the water in the pot to melt the ingredients inside the glass dish.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE