This toner will whisk away surface dirt, oil and dead skin cells. Mint leaves are rich in iron and menthol, which help tighten pores, giving your complexion a smoother look and feel. Citrus can help restore skin pH level after cleansing. MAKES 8 OUNCES
• 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
• Peel from 1 orange
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1 tablespoon witch hazel extract
1. Place mint leaves in a glass or ceramic bowl and crush them slightly to release their natural oils. Add orange peel.
2. Pour boiling water over leaves and peel and allow it to cool completely.
3. Strain orange-mint water to remove all solids. Stir in witch hazel and pour into a clean container.
4. To use, apply to skin with a clean cotton pad after cleansing. Or, pour it into a spray bottle and use all over your body after bathing.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home, Natural Beauty for All Seasons and Natural Beauty from the Garden, all published by Henry Holt and Company (New York).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Use Marvelous Mint for Better Skin Health.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE