Ginger and thyme are warming herbs that will help boost your circulation and repair your aching muscles. This simple massage oil can be used before and after gardening to loosen and warm your body.
• 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, crushed, or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried
• 1 to 2 drops lavender essential oil
1. Mix ingredients and pour into a clean bottle. Shake gently.
2. Let sit for 2 days, then strain out solids.
3. Pour into another clean bottle with a tight-fitting lid. To use: Massage onto your body, paying special attention to sore areas.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Holt Paperbacks, 2002).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Heal Muscles with Apres-Gardening Indulgences .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE