In this recipe, vinegar combines with cooling mint water to create an effective skin toner. Apple cider vinegar often is used in natural cosmetics because it helps restore acidity to the skin, keeping it toned and healthy. All skin types benefit from vinegar. It helps control blackheads in oily skin and cures flakiness in very dry skin. Always remember to dilute vinegar; never use it straight on your hair or skin. MAKES 8 OUNCES
• 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup distilled water
1. Mix all ingredients together and stir thoroughly. Allow mixture to sit for 3 days.
2. Strain or filter out mint leaves. Pour toner into a clean bottle.
3. To use, apply to skin using a clean cotton pad.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home, Natural Beauty for All Seasons and Natural Beauty from the Garden, all published by Henry Holt and Company (New York).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Use Marvelous Mint for Better Skin Health.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE