This easy-to-make lotion can be used after bathing to refresh and energize your whole body.
Fresh mint is an instant energizer; its scent alone instantly can elevate your mood. This easy-to-make lotion can be used after bathing to refresh and energize your whole body. Any mint variety (or combination) will work in this recipe. MAKES 8 OUNCES
• 1/2 cup strong fresh mint tea
• 1/8 teaspoon borax powder
• 1/2 cup sunflower oil
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon grated beeswax
• 3 to 4 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)
1. Mix together mint tea and borax; set aside.
2. Combine oils and beeswax in a heat-resistant container. Heat just until oils and wax have melted.
3. Gently heat tea and borax mixture until they are roughly the same temperature as oil and wax mixture. (You can do this in a water bath on a stovetop or in the microwave.)
4. Pour oil and wax mixture into a blender. With blender running on low speed, slowly add tea mix in a steady stream. After mixes are combined, continue blending until mixture reaches a smooth, creamy consistency.
5. Allow mixture to cool completely. Stir in essential oil if you prefer a stronger scent.
6. To use, massage into clean skin whenever you need a refreshing pick-me-up.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home, Natural Beauty for All Seasons and Natural Beauty from the Garden, all published by Henry Holt and Company (New York).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Use Marvelous Mint for Better Skin Health.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE