Makes 8 ounces
This rinse will add shine to dull, limp locks. Mint and vinegar clean your scalp and leave your hair smelling fresh. Mint is energizing and will give your scalp a tingly feeling. Lavender is cleansing and mild, so all skin and hair types can use this rinse. The vinegar also rids your hair and scalp of any leftover residue from styling gels or soap-based shampoos. Use this rinse monthly.
• 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1⁄2 cup fresh or 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves
• 1 tablespoon fresh or 1⁄2 tablespoon dried lavender leaves
• 1 cup boiling water
1. Place vinegar and herbs in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Let mixture cool completely and then strain.
2. To use: Apply the solution to the scalp as a final rinse after shampooing. Rinse well with cool water.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Herbal Hair Rinses .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE