Makes 12 ounces
This old folk recipe darkens and conditions; it darkens grays and can add gentle highlights to brunette hair. You may apply this rinse several times before noticing any color change.
• 2 cups cold water
• 1 cup fresh potato peelings (from about 4 to 5 potatoes)
• 1 to 2 drops rosemary essential oil
1. Pour water into a medium saucepan. Add potato peelings and heat over medium until mixture boils.
2. Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let cool completely. Strain mixture into a clean container and add rosemary oil.
3. To use: After shampooing, massage rinse through your wet hair, into your scalp and through your hair ends. Do not rinse. Save any remaining rinse in the refrigerator.
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Herbal Hair Rinses .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE