Try a scrub with the soothing power of lavender.
This is a mild non-soap cleanser that is perfect for sensitive skin. Cucumber juice, chamomile flowers, and aloe vera gel are all cleansing and soothing to the skin. Cornmeal is a classic skin scrubber that can be used by all skin types. For a variation on this recipe, try using white or blue cornmeal.
• 2 tablespoons fresh cucumber puree, made from processing fresh cucumber in the blender
• 1 tablespoon dried chamomile flowers (can use chamomile tea)
• 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
• 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
1. Mix together all ingredients until well mixed.
2. To use: Massage into damp skin focusing on classic clogged pore areas like the nose and chin. Avoid the eye area. Rinse well with warm water followed by a cool-water rinse, and pat your skin dry.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt and Company, 2002).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Skin-Soothing Herbal Scrubs.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE