Fresh spearmint or peppermint work well, but you could use pineapple, cinnamon or chocolate mint for a different flavor. MAKES 1/2 OUNCE
• 1 teaspoon fresh spearmint leaves
• 2 teaspoons light oil, such as almond or walnut
• 1 teaspoon grated beeswax
1. Place leaves in a glass container. With the back of a spoon, gently crush to release natural oils.
2. Pour oil over leaves and allow mixture to sit several days. (For a stronger scent or taste, replace leaves each day with fresh ones.)
3. Remove mint leaves from oil. Mix mint oil and beeswax; heat gently until wax melts.
4. Pour mixture into a clean tube or container; cool completely.
5. To use, apply to lips.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home, Natural Beauty for All Seasons and Natural Beauty from the Garden, all published by Henry Holt and Company (New York).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Use Marvelous Mint for Better Skin Health.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE