It's the roughest season on your outer self but herbs can make it smooth sailing.
MAKES 2-1/2 CUPS
Bath salts are an easy way to soften hard water. They make water more slippery, soap more effective, and make your skin feel smooth and pampered. They are simple to make and are a wonderful addition to any summer bath.
• 1 cup borax
• 1/2 cup sea salt
• 1/2 cup baking soda
• 1/2 cup finely ground oatmeal (optional)
• 30 drops lavender or geranium essential oil
1. Thoroughly combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Store in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, away from heat and light, for up to six months.
3. Use 1/3 to 1/2 cup of bath salts per bath, added after the tub is full.
4. Stir the bath well to dissolve them.
Click here for the main article, Skin That Loves Summer.
Mindy Green is an herbalist, aromatherapist, educator, and writer. She is also an esthetician, a consultant to the natural products industry, and director of education at the Herb Research Foundation in Boulder, Colorado. She is the author of Natural Perfumes (Interweave Press, 1999) and co-author of Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art (The Crossing Press, 1995).
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE