Next time you get burned, give this herbal soak a try.
This soothing combination will help take the sting out of your sunburn and speed healing.
• 1/4 cup each of the following dried herbs: calendula, plantain, raspberry leaf, green tea
• 1/2 cup witch hazel
• 1 to 2 drops lavender essential oil
• 1 quart boiling water
• 1/2 cup baking soda
• 1/2 cup aloe vera gel or juice
• 2 tablespoons honey
1. Place the herbs in a large pot and cover with the boiling water.
2. Steep for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Strain and discard the herbs, then set the liquid aside.
4. Fill a bathtub with tepid water.
5. Add the herbal liquid to the bath, along with the remaining ingredients. Soak for 20 minutes or longer.
6. Gently pat yourself dry. Repeat as necessary.
Click here for the main article, Herbal Sun Care.
Erika Lenz is a freelance writer and editor living in Seattle, and is the former editor of Herbs for Health magazine.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE