This Gentle Citrus Scrub can help improve skin texture and color, as well as reduce fine lines and reduce age spots.
This citrus scrub contains a variety of alpha hydroxy acid agents: yogurt, lemon and sugar. While bran adds gentle polishing power.
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 1/4 cup wheat bran
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 5 drops orange essential oil
1. Mix all ingredients together in an unbreakable container.
2. Wet your body in a warm shower, and apply the scrub to your legs, arms and torso.
3. Massage gently into your skin with a circular motion, rinse well, and pat your skin dry.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs and natural healing from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the original article, Natural Exfoliants for Radiant Skin.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE