Kill the fungus
I have seen this antifungal lotion eliminate persistent cases of ringworm, even when all else failed.
Bloodroot and gum arabic should be used externally only.
• 1 cup aloe vera gel
• 1/2 ounce bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis) tincture
• 1 teaspoon borax or gum arabic
• 1/2 teaspoon clove oil
• 1/2 teaspoon tea tree oil
1. Pour all ingredients into a blender. Blend for a few minutes, then pour into amber dropper bottles. Make sure to label “not for internal use.” Stored out of direct sunlight and away from heat, the formula should last up to a year.
2. Shake the preparation well before using, and apply two or three times daily. The more consistent you are with the application, the faster it works. You can usually discontinue the treatment, or cut to once a day, a few days after all symptoms disappear. If redness or irritation increases with the use of the lotion, discontinue and consult your herbalist.
Click here for the orginial article, Case Study: Athlete's Foot.
Christopher Hobbs’s case studies are gleaned from his thirty years of studying and practicing herbalism. Hobbs, a fourth-generation botanist and herbalist, is an Herbs for Health Editorial Advisory Board member and licensed acupuncturist. He is the author of St. John’s Wort: The Mood Enhancing Herb, (Botanica, 1997), Stress and Natural Healing, (Botanica, 1997), and many other books.
“Case studies from an herbalist’s notebook” are not intended to replace the advice of your health-care provider.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE