Keep the fresh-herb taste from fading and enjoy your favorite herbs throughout the fall and winter months.
Broccoli & White Bean Salad with Rosemary
Dried herbs in dressings augment the flavor of beans and vegetables in this simple salad.
• One 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
• 2 cups (about 3/4 pound) diced tomatoes
• 1/4 cup minced red onions
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1. In a serving bowl, combine the beans, broccoli, tomatoes, and red onions.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and rosemary.
3. Toss the dressing with the bean and vegetable mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Set aside for 15 minutes, allowing flavors to meld before serving.
Click here for the main article, Full-bodied Flavor.
Kris Wetherbee is a freelance writer and frequent contributor to The Herb Companion. She lives in the hills of western Oregon with her photographer husband Rick Wetherbee.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE