Listening to music helps me get through just about any task. I have a playlist on my ipod for work and another one for walking up the hill to school. I’m actually addicted to making mix CDs for every occasion. When I drive from New Mexico to Kansas, I make a CD with some Willie Nelson and Patsy Cline. (Country is my first choice for this particular road trip because it fits the scenery.)
I’ve wanted to make a gardening playlist for quite some time and I’ve finally accumulated enough songs to do so. Don’t get me wrong, I love the sound of Mother Nature but listening to some tunes will make tending to the garden a totally different experience.
Here is my list of songs that I would listen to while gardening. I would love to hear what songs you would add to this playlist, so please share!
Photo by pokpok313/Courtesy Flickr
• Simon and Garfunkel, “Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme” – A garden mix without this song? Are you kidding me?
• Peter Bjorn and John, “Young Folks” – This song reminds me of spring and it makes me want to be outside whenever I listen to it. It has a catchy beat and it has whistling in it, too! Any song with whistling is fine by me.
• Booker T. and The MGs, “Green Onions” – This song makes me feel like I’m on a mission. It might give you the motivation to bring your beloved herbs indoors.
• The Kinks, “Village Green” – This is a great tune to skip to! I could also water some plants to it.
• The Rolling Stones, “Sympathy for the Devil” – Try tilling to this song. It might give you the motivation to dig and create new garden spaces.
• Manu Chao, “Mi Vida” – For some reason this song makes me want to cook. Maybe it would be good for planting your culinary herb garden.
• John Denver, “Home Grown Tomatoes” – He’s right, money can’t buy home-grown tomatoes. Life is just so much better with home-grown tomatoes and this song to listen to while growing them.
Let me know if you have any more suggestions for my gardening mix by leaving a comment!
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE