Clean your bathtub—and the rest of your bathroom—with nontoxic ingredients.
A baking soda/soap mixture is a gentle natural cleaner.
Abrasive commercial powders and liquids can make short work of the bathtub ring, but their harsh chemicals can scour the environment. Our version uses nontoxic ingredients, leaving your bathroom clean and your conscience clear.
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup (approximately) castile liquid soap
5 to 10 drops antibacterial essential oil, such as lavender, tea tree or rosemary (optional)
1. Pour baking soda into a medium-size mixing bowl.
2. Add soap a little at a time, stirring continuously. Stop adding after your mixture has begun to resemble frosting.
3. Mix in drops of essential oil, if using.
4. Store in an airtight jar for up to a year.
Scrub-a-Dub-Dub: Bathroom Cleaning Tips
• To clean a sink or bathtub, scoop the creamy mixture onto a sponge, scrub the surface and rinse.
• Borax is a multipurpose natural cleaner and deodorizer. Keep it handy by putting it in a jar with a shaker top.
• If you need to add a little power to your Silky Scrub, shake a little borax over the area you’re cleaning. Allow to stand for five minutes, then continue scrubbing.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE