Need a healthy snack? Dip some chips in this USDA-certified organic salsa.
Spice up your next snack craving with GourMom’s Organic Salsa . The USDA-certified organic salsa is made with organic heirloom plum tomatoes, hard neck garlic, green bell peppers, onions and organic herbs and spices.
The salsa comes in two great flavors—mild and spicy. The mild has a fresh, mellow flavor and the spicy version, made with organic chile peppers and jalapeños , gives a kick without leaving your mouth burning.
GourMom, also known as Sarah Galluzzo, and her team make all of the salsas in small batches in a commercial kitchen in Fairfield, Connecticut. Galluzzo says she created the GourMom brand for three reasons:
1. To create a delicious, USDA-certified organic salsa that tastes great and promotes good health. “Good quality food tastes better and making local organics delicious to children is important to me,” Galluzzo says.
2. To support local farms and sustainable agriculture. Using local food systems is a better ecological and economic alternative to the global corporate model.
3. To promote good stewardship by giving approximately 5 percent of GourMom’s projects to charities such as Shriners Hospitals for Children.
Check out GourMom’s recipe page for ideas on how to create delicious meals using the salsas.
More about organic salsa
• Growing your own salsa garden is easy. Follow these steps for growing tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro.
• Want to give your salsa an extra kick? Grow your own jalapeños !
• Tired of salsa? Make this recipe for delicious, healthy guacamole instead.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE