If you’re on the lookout for throat pain remedies, make these super-simple Soothing Throat Pills. They treat throat infections like sore throats and laryngitis.
Store these throat soothers in a glass jar in a cool, dark location.
Photo by Jason Houston
These Soothing Throat Pills work wonders for sore throat, laryngitis and other infections of the throat or mouth.
• 2 parts licorice root powder
• 1 part echinacea root powder
• 1 part goldenseal root powder (Note: We recommend organically cultivated goldenseal, as the wild plant is endangered due to overharvesting.)
• 1 part marshmallow root powder
• Few drops peppermint essential oil
• Carob powder
1. Follow the instructions for making herbal pills in Make Throat Soothers with Licorice. Feel free to adjust the flavors to suit your taste.
2. To use: Take 1 or 2 Soothing Throat Pills daily for best results.
Excerpted from Rosemary Gladstar’s Medicinal Herbs © Rosemary Gladstar. Used with permission of Storey Publishing.
Click here for the main article, Make Throat Soothers with Licorice.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE