This soap can be used for washing dishes, floors, stoves, refrigerators, sinks and hands. It’s mild to the skin but effective enough to get cleaning jobs done. The eucalyptus and mint provide a disinfecting quality as well as a fresh scent. Any areas washed with this soap will be undesirable to crawling insects and flies – they’ll stay away for quite a while.
• 5 cups grated castile soap
• 1/2 cup baking soda
• 1 teaspoon borax
• 6 cups hot peppermint tea
• 1 teaspoon eucalyptus essential oil
1. Put grated soap into a 3-quart stainless steel saucepan and add hot mint tea. Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat. Add baking soda, borax and eucalyptus oil.
2. Store in a labeled plastic jug or squirt bottle. Shake before using.
Sandy Maine, founder of SunFeather Handcrafted Herbal Soap Company, is the author of three books on soap-making and lives with her husband and four children on a spotlessly clean farm in the Adirondack Mountains.
Click here for the main article, Cleaning with Herbs .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE