This minty shower gel is the perfect way to start the day, especially if you have a lot to do. Or use it jolt yourself awake after an afternoon in the garden.
• 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves or 1 tablespoon dried
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1⁄2 cup mild liquid soap
• 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
1. Place mint in a glass or ceramic bowl and pour boiling water over it. Let the mixture cool completely, then strain.
2. Add soap and glycerin to the mint solution, and stir gently.
3. Pour into a clean container. To use: Pour some of the shower gel onto a washcloth or exfoliating sponge and massage all over your body. Use short, quick circular motions. Rinse well with warm water followed by a cold-water rinse. Pat skin dry and moisturize well with a rich cream or natural oil.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty from the Garden (Holt Paperbacks, 2002).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Heal Muscles with Apres-Gardening Indulgences .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE