Try this delicious breakfast shake to start off your day.
AN HERBAL MORNINGSanta Cruz, California-based herbalist Jeanine Pollack created a light, tasty, protein-rich, energy-enhancing shake that’s perfect for a summer morning. Feel free to substitute soy yogurt for the regular if you’re trying to avoid dairy or want to add more soy to your diet.
HERBAL-A-GO-GO MORNING SHAKE
• 2 cups fresh orange or apple juice
• 1 cup apricot or strawberry yogurt
• 1 cup frozen mango or banana chunks
• One 1/3-oz. vial royal jelly
• 1 tablespoon fresh bee pollen
• 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
• 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend well at high speed until smooth.
Source: Pollack, Jeanine. Healing Tonics. Pownal, Vermont: Storey Books, 2000.
Click here to return to the main article, Herb Basics 101.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE