“Green Building, The Economy and Public Policy,” will be held December 2-3 at the University of California Berkeley.
This week the University of California Berkeley will host an international conference on green building.“Green Building, The Economy and Public Policy” takes place December 2-3 on the UC Berkeley campus and will address many aspects of green building, including:
• Incentives and the performance-based approach to green building
• Technology, building codes and their implementation in green construction
• The evolution of green labels in real estate markets
• Unanticipated market responses to changing standards and regulations
• Green building investment strategies, from residential retrofits to commercial portfolios
• New financial approaches in the field of energy-based and carbon-impact performance
Festival will include representatives of organizations such as the U.S. Green Building Council, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Japanese Ministry of Finance and Wal-Mart’s sustainable facilities division.
For more information, check out this detailed agenda for the conference.
More about green building
• Where will green building be in 10 years? Architects and educators share their vision for the future of green building.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, hands-on workshops, and great food!LEARN MORE