Mix up your favorite sweet blueberry syrup
MAKES 5 CUPS
• 10 cups blueberries, picked over and rinsed
• 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
• 6 cups sugar
• 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. In a food processor or blender, puree the blueberries. Bring the puree to a boil with the remaining ingredients except the vanilla extract, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Immediately reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3. When cool, add the vanilla extract and strain.
• Serve this rich, moderately thick syrup on pancakes or desserts.
• For a delicious treat, pour syrup over sliced cantaloupe and sprinkle with granola. Garnish each serving with an orange slice.
Check out the original article, Sweeten Your Breakfast with Herbal Syrup.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE