Katrina Hall is a cook, foodblogger, photographer and passionate herb lover. You can find her blog at: http://shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com.
Too much zucchini? Try succotash. It's a tasty way to use your garden bounty that's ripening right now. Sweet corn, plump limas and squash make this a terrific side dish.
Photo by Katrina Hall/http://shesinthekitchen.blogspot.com
Serves 4 to 6
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large onion
• 2 cups fresh corn, cut from the cobs
• 2 cups squash or zucchini, cubed
• 1 cup fresh or frozen lima beans
• Few strips yellow or red sweet pepper
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon mild green chilies or a few drops of Tabasco, optional
1. Heat the oil and saute the onion in a medium-sized saucepan for five minutes.
2. Add the corn, squash, lima beans, chilies, peppers and oregano. Turn heat down and simmer covered until vegetables are tender.
3. Taste carefully and add salt and fresh pepper before serving.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE