December 25th is right around the corner. If you’re looking for a last-minute gift this holiday season, make these Relaxing Sage and Lavender Bath Salts. This homemade gift is budget-friendly, is quick and easy to make and speaks from the heart.
Relaxing Sage and Lavender Bath Salts
Making bath salts is easy. In fact, this relaxing beauty product is as simple as mixing all of the ingredients together and packaging them in a decorative jar. I found all of these ingredients at my local health food store, The Merc. The Epsom salts and dried lavender buds were available in the bulk section.
• 1 cup Epsom salts
• 1/2 cup dead sea salt OR sea salt (I used leftover coarse sea salt from my latest baking experiment.)
• 2 tablespoons moisturizing oil (sunflower or castor oil)
• 10 drops sage (Salvia officinalis) OR clary sage (Salvia sclarea) essential oil
• 1 tablespoon dried lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) flowers
• Decorative jar with a tight-fitting lid.
These are the ingredients you will need to make these simple salts.
1. Add all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and mix your newly formed bath salts with a spoon, in a plastic resealable bag or with your hands. I like to mix with my hands—just make sure that the salts, oils and buds are evenly distributed.
2. Allow your bath salts to dry before placing them in your jar to avoid wet clumps. I let the mixture dry while I made my label.
Allow your bath salt mixture to dry before packaging to avoid clumps.
3. To personalize this mixture, make a fun and decorative label educating your friend or family member about the botanical benefits present in their brand new bath salts. In this particular blend I used sage essential oil, a cheerful, warming herb known to soothe the body. I also used dried lavender, a widely known stress reliever. Here’s what I would recommend writing on your handmade label, although you can write whatever you want. It’s your gift!
"RELAXING BATH SALTS: Transform a regular soak into a relaxing experience. Simply add 2 spoonfuls of these salts to your bath to enjoy moisturizing sunflower oil, warming sage essential oil and stress-relieving lavender buds. Happy Holidays! XOXO Gina"
My Relaxing Bath Salts are packaged and ready for Christmas Day.
Don’t feel limited to this sage and lavender combination. You can try any of the following pairings or use your imagination to come up with one of your own. Enjoy!
Aromatherapy Combinations: 6 Bath Salt Creations
+ Lavender essential oil with dried chamomile flowers
+ Ginger essential oil with dried thyme flowers
+ Peppermint essential oil with dried rosemary flowers
+ Citrus essential oil with dried calendula flowers
+ Sandalwood essential oil with dried rose flowers
+ Eucalyptus essential oil with dried peppermint flowers
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE