This Nectarine Chutney recipe is one that my mom used to make—it was meant to be paired with a Punjabi steak recipe she had, but I love it so much sometimes I just make it to eat by itself. You can also substitute peaches in for the nectarines if you prefer. Enjoy!
Nectarines are a delicious way to include vitamins and minerals into your diet.
Photo By AnitaS13/Fotolia
• 3 to 4 ripe juicy nectarines or peaches, pitted and diced
• 1/2 cup golden raisins
• 1/2 teaspoon liquid red pepper seasoning
• 3 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
• 1 teaspoon vinegar
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Chop ingredients and toss together. Easy peasy!
Sara loved learning to cook by her mom's side in the kitchen growing up. She is known as the "social coordinator" in her circle of friends and often hosts or plans various gatherings where everyone brings yummy food to share. She has even compiled two cookbooks containing her recipes along with those of her good friends: Tried & True Recipes from Tried & True Friends and Favorite Potluck Party Recipes.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, hands-on workshops, and great food!LEARN MORE