• 1 cup butter, softened
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 tsp vanilla
• 2 eggs
• 3 cups flour
• 2 tsp baking powder1/2 tsp salt
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3-4 medium)
• 2 tsp baking soda
Photo By Kendall Melton
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line a muffin pan with papers. In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
2. In a Ziploc bag or small bowl, mash the bananas with the baking soda and set aside.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter, mixing just until combined.
5. Add 1/3 of the buttermilk to the butter, mixing just until combined.
6. Add 1/3 of the banana mixture to the butter, mixing just until combined.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 until all remaining ingredients have been incorporated.
8. Scrape bowl to ensure there are no butter chunks. Pour batter into muffin tin and bake for 35-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
9. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and continue to cool completely.
10. For the icing, combine equal 2 cups cream cheese and 2 cups powdered sugar in a mixer using a paddle attachment. Add 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract. Slowly add 1/4 cup whole milk and beat until smooth. Frost the muffins when they are cool and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Learn more about Kendall in the post Meet Kendall Melton, Austin Baker.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE