• 8-10 leaves of kale torn into 3-inch pieces
• Juice of 1 lemon and lemon skin for zest
• 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 ½ tablespoons of sesame seeds
• Coarse salt
Dress up plain kale chips with sesame seeds. Photo By mylitleye/Courtesy Fotolia.
1. Set the oven for 325 degrees. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, and two pinches of coarse salt together in a big bowl. Douse the kale pieces thoroughly.
2. Spread the kale onto the backing sheet and sprinkle the sesame seeds onto the kale.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning over a couple of times during the baking process.
4. Once done, let cool for a couple of minutes, then slide the kale onto a plate and top with a pinch of salt, and some lemon zest. Serve to friends and family!
Read about Kathleen's journey to becoming an urban farmer—and how she came into so much kale—in Miss Kale: One Girl's Bumpy Journey to Becoming an Urban Farmer.
Kathleen Gasperini is internationally acclaimed as an industry leader when it comes to global youth culture marketing, research and branding strategies. She is the co-founder of Label Networks, the leader in global youth intelligence and branding for clients ranging from Apple Computer to Adidas Originals. Formerly Kathleen worked among leading youth culture magazines, as the Senior Editor of Powder and Snowboarder magazines, and the editor of Women's Sports & Fitness. She was the technical writer for the IMAX movie “Extreme,” and is the co-founder of the non-profit youth-focused foundation, Boarding for Breast Cancer, for which she received a Humanitarian Award from Snow Sports Industries of America.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE