Lull yourself to sleep with a homemade sleep pillow filled with sedative herbs.
Fill your homemade herbal sleep pillow with dried sedative herbs for a better night's sleep.
Photo By Thomas Gibson
With these instructions for an herbal sleep pillow, you'll be on your way to a better night's sleep in no time.
1. Cut a fabric piece 12 inches square for the pillow front. Cut two 9-by-12-inch pieces for the back.
2. Fold under 1/4 inch, then 3/4 inch on a long side of each back piece; hem.
3. Right sides together, lay the back pieces on the front, overlapping hems. Stitch together.
4. Sew together two 12-inch muslin squares, leaving an opening on one side. Turn right side out.
5. Fill the muslin insert with dried sedative herbs: lavender, hops, marjoram, rose petals, thyme, rosemary, peppermint, lemon-scented herbs or chamomile. Sew opening shut. Tuck the insert into the outer pillow. When the fragrance fades, refill the insert with new herbs.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE