Satisfy your sweet tooth while providing your body energy with this Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, packed full of more fiber, protein and vitamins than a conventional cookie.
Whole wheat has more fiber, protein and vitamins than refined white flour. Tofu adds high-quality protein for lasting energy.
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or substitute any amount of whole wheat or white whole wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup firm or extra-firm silken tofu
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup raw sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups dark chocolate chips or carob chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
3. In a blender, purée tofu into a smooth paste.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, honey and vanilla until creamy. Mix in tofu.
5. Mix in dry ingredients a half-cup at a time. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Chill pans in refrigerator for about 10 minutes before baking.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown, and remove to a cooling rack.
For more healthy snack recipes, read the original article, “Healthy Snacking: How to Unjunk Your Junk Food.”
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE