Makes 1 1/4 quarts
This sweet and spicy punch is a healthful nonalcoholic beverage that will complement any holiday meal.
• 32-ounce bottle apple juice
• 10 leaves pineapple sage
• 15 leaves lemon verbena
• 1/8 teaspoon aniseed, ground
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 cinnamon stick for the recipe and
• 1 for each guest
• 1/2 cup canned (unsweetened) or fresh pineapple
• 1/2 cup peeled, diced pears
1. In a noncorrodible pot, bring apple juice to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes, or longer for stronger flavor.
2. Remove the cinnamon stick, fruit, and herb leaves.
3. Serve with a cinnamon stick in each mug.
Recipe courtesy Karen Iacobbo.
Click here for the main article, Vegetarian Holiday Fare.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE