Serve this dressing over leafy greens or with chicken or turkey salads. Try lemon or caraway thyme for extra bite.
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
• 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
• 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
• 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh
• Thyme leaves
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
• 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
Place all the ingredients in a jar, seal tightly, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Use immediately or refrigerate. Shake again before serving. If kept refrigerated, the vinaigrette should keep for up to two weeks.
--Frances Sheridan Goulart, Weston, Connecticut
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE