For a light late-summer recipe, try this Baked Tilapia with Thyme and Green Olives. It is pictured, just before baking.
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 lemons, halved and thinly sliced
• 1 cup green olives, halved
• 8 to 10 thyme sprigs
• 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
• Freshly ground pepper
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 15- by 10- by 1-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Place onion, lemon slices, olives and thyme in bottom of pan; top with tilapia fillets. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve immediately. Garnish each serving with a sprig of thyme.
Caleb Melchior grows unusual herbs and perennials at Sugar Creek Gardens in Kirkwood, Missouri. He is also studying for a Master of Landscape Architecture degree at Kansas State University.
Click here for the main article, Befriending Tenacious Thyme.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE