Use this spicy, slightly sweet northern Indian spice blend in pilafs, in lentil soup, or dusted on chicken just before serving.
Makes 1/3 cup
This blend is far more flavorful than commercial curry powders.
• 2 teaspoons turmeric
• 1 tablespoon fenugreek seed
• 1 tablespoon coriander seed
• 1 tablespoon cumin seed
• 1 teaspoon ajwain or celery seed
• 1-inch piece dried ginger
• 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1. Grind all the ingredients together.
Click here for the original article, Small World, Big Taste.