Use this spicy, slightly sweet northern Indian spice blend in pilafs, in lentil soup, or dusted on chicken just before serving.
Makes 1/3 cup
This blend is far more flavorful than commercial curry powders.
• 2 teaspoons turmeric
• 1 tablespoon fenugreek seed
• 1 tablespoon coriander seed
• 1 tablespoon cumin seed
• 1 teaspoon ajwain or celery seed
• 1-inch piece dried ginger
• 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1. Grind all the ingredients together.
Click here for the original article, Small World, Big Taste.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE