Makes 9 to 12 cups (enough for 8- to 12-pound turkey with some leftover)
Prepare just before roasting the turkey; fill the bird loosely (use ¾ cup per pound of turkey), then roast immediately. To bake stuffing separately, add 1 cup stock to prepared stuffing to replace turkey juices. Butter a casserole dish, then bake covered 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees.
• 6 tablespoons butter
• 16 ounces ground pork (optional)
• 2 large Spanish onions, finely diced
• 3 small celery stalks, diced
• 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced
• 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
• 4 cups dry, cubed bread crumbs
• Salt and pepper
• Additional chicken broth (optional)
In a large sauce pot, melt butter, then sauté pork until brown. Add onion, celery, squash and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion becomes translucent. Add bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Note: If stuffing seems dry, add just enough broth to moisten.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE