Where herbs and spices make a difference
Makes about 15 large or 20 small scones
• 1/4 cup butter or margarine
• 1 cup unbleached white flour
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 cup rolled oats (or whole-wheat flour)
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup milk
• 1/2 cup raisins
Combine butter, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and rosemary with fork until butter is well broken up. Add remaining ingredients and stir only enough to combine ingredients completely. Drop spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes.
--Joyce R. Hartley, Manquin, Virginia
To read more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE