Try this easy recipe for a fabulous pickling mix with herbs.
Makes approximately 2 ounces
This is great to have on hand and saves time! The herbes de Provence add an interesting flavor that’s not typically found in supermarket pickling mix blends. To use the pickling mix: put one to two tablespoons in the pickling jar, then add the veggies and the vinegar/salt mixture, following the directions in the recipes. It’s that easy!
• 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
• 4 tablespoons herbes de Provence
• 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
• 1 teaspoon bay leaves, shredded
• 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
• 1 teaspoon dried, crushed red pepper
• 1 teaspoon cloves
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Put into a clean, glass container and store in a cool, dry place.
Freelance journalist and photographer Letitia L. Star has written more than 1,000 published articles, including many reflecting her enthusiasm for herbs and gardening.
Click here for the original article, 4 Recipes for Quick Pickles .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE