Sweet and elegant, this beverage makes a fun alternative to wine or champagne. The berry sorbet is a perfect complement to the grape juice, and ginger ale or ginger beer adds a little fizz.
• 3 tablespoons dried nettle
• 4 cups hot water
• 8 cups grape juice
• 1 liter ginger ale or ginger beer
• Berry sorbet or sherbet
• Fresh fruit, for garnish, if desired
1. Steep nettle in hot water for 1 hour, then strain. Combine nettle tea and grape juice in a large container and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
2. Add ginger ale or ginger beer just before serving. Drop scoops of sorbet or sherbet in punch bowl.
3. Serve in a wineglass or champagne flute over ice and garnish with fresh fruit pierced with a toothpick.
Katherine Huether is a freelance writer and herbalist. She has a B.A. in English from the University of New Hampshire and a Diploma of Herbal Studies from the Australasian College of Health Sciences. She is also the corresponding editor of All Info About Germany, a website dedicated to German culture and travel ( http://Germany.AllInfoAbout.com ).
Click here for the main article, Recipes for Holiday Punch .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE