This is a classic with a twist. Rose hips and cranberry juice accompany apple cider to make this spicy beverage.
• 3 tablespoons dried rose hips
• 4 cups hot water
• 3 cinnamon sticks
• 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
• 4 cups apple cider
• 2 cups cranberry juice
• One orange, sliced thin
• Cinnamon sticks for garnish, if desired
1. Steep rose hips in hot water for 10 minutes, then strain. Transfer all ingredients to a large saucepan. Simmer on low for at least 1 hour before serving.
2. To make ahead, steep tea and then add all ingredients to a large container and refrigerate. Before serving, transfer to saucepan and simmer as usual.
3. Serve in festive mugs with a cinnamon stick as a garnish.
Katherine Huether is a freelance writer and herbalist. She has a B.A. in English from the University of New Hampshire and a Diploma of Herbal Studies from the Australasian College of Health Sciences. She is also the corresponding editor of All Info About Germany, a website dedicated to German culture and travel ( http://Germany.AllInfoAbout.com )
Click here for the main article, Recipes for Holiday Punch.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE