Keep your health on track with this scrumptious and vitamin-rich radish sauté.
Use any combination of fast-cooking greens such as spinach, chard or beet greens. SIMPLE SPRING GREENS AND RADISH SAUTÉ SERVES 4
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 bunch radishes, sliced
• 4 green onions, sliced
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
• 6 generous cups packed, chopped greens (such as beet greens and chard)
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté radishes for 3 minutes.
2. Add green onions and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, sugar, celery seed and chopped greens; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes more or until greens are wilted.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Kris Wetherbee is a contributing editor who lives and tends her herbs in western Oregon.
Click here for the main article, Healthy and Delicious Spring Greens.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE