Serves 4 to 6
Bright and beautiful, golden bow ties are dressed with chopped chives and pistachios. Serve them as a side dish or a light but satisfying main course.
• 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
• 1/3 cup roasted, shelled, and peeled pistachios, coarsely chopped
• 1/3 cup chopped chives
• 3 tablespoons currants, softened in hot water and drained
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 batch Saffron Pasta
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large pot, bring several quarts of water to a boil. Meanwhile, place the cheese, pistachios, chives, currants, and olive oil in a large sauté pan.
2. When the water comes to a boil, salt it well, add the pasta, and cook it al dente. Drain it, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add the drained pasta to the sauté pan along with enough of the reserved cooking water to make a sauce that just coats the noodles. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. If desired, you may drizzle the top lightly with olive oil. Serve hot.
Carolyn Dille and Susan Belsinger, two gardeners and food writers who collaborate on recipes from opposite coasts, met in Italy over a bowl of pasta twenty-five years ago. They are the authors of The Garlic Book, The Chile Pepper Book, The Greens Book, and the upcoming Onion Book, all from Interweave Press.
Click here for the original article, Pasta and Herbs .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE