Makes 2 dozen
This shortbread cookie recipe is an ideal accompaniment to afternoon tea. A food processor or blender prepares the dough in minutes.
• 1/2 cup pecans
• 1/2 cup oatmeal
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped orange peel
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1 tablespoon milk
1. Process the pecans in a food processor or blender for 1 to 2 minutes, or until finely chopped.
2. Add the remaining ingredients one at a time, processing for 15 to 30 seconds after each addition.
3. Turn the mixture onto a countertop, dust it lightly with flour, and form it into a roll.
4. Wrap the roll in waxed paper and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
5. Slice the roll into 1/2-inch-thick cookies.
6. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
—Joyce Ellenbecker, Anaheim, California
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE