Great on top of potatoes or with raw vegetables, vegetable burritos, tacos, or scrambled tofu—anywhere you might use sour cream.
• 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
• 1 package (10.5 oz) extra-firm silken tofu
• 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
• 2 teaspoons tamari sauce
• Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
• 6 tablespoons water
• 2 teaspoons chopped dill weed
• 1 tablespoon chopped chives
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic chives
In blender combine all ingredients except dill, chives, and garlic chives, and process until smooth. Stir in herbs and serve.
--Liz Lugan, Clawson, Michigan
To read more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE