Makes 16 stuffed tomatoes
It takes only a touch of marjoram to give these springy little morsels a fresh, tantalizing flavor.
• 16 cherry tomatoes
• 1 1/2 cups fresh young peas, uncooked, or frozen ones
• 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
• 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, or
• 1/4 teaspoon dried
• 2 scallions, white part and some green, chopped
• Cayenne pepper, freshly ground black pepper, and salt to taste
• 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Core the tomatoes, remove seeds and pulp, and turn upside down in a colander to drain. Put the remaining ingredients, except the cream, in the bowl of a food processor. It isn’t necessary to thaw frozen peas, but if they’re icy, rinse and drain them. Process until smooth. Dribble in cream as necessary to make the puree a smooth, spoonable consistency.
2. Fill each tomato with about a teaspoon of the pea puree just before serving.
Click here for the original article, National Herb Week Recipes .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE