Try this sweet and zesty mustard, dill recipe on salmon
Makes 2/3 cup
This sweet, zesty sauce is a traditional accompaniment for salmon, but it’s good with other types of seafood as well. It is also tasty with hard-boiled eggs, in sandwiches, or as a dressing for green salads. Mixed in equal proportions with mayonnaise, it makes a delicious dressing for potato salad or coleslaw. For an interesting variation, use tarragon in place of the dill.
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
• 1/4 cup olive oil
1. In a blender or small food processor, slowly blend the sugar, salt, vinegar, mustard, and dill. Add the olive oil and blend until the mixture emulsifies.
2. Serve immediately or refrigerate. The sauce will keep, tightly covered, for as long as a week. Serve at cool room temperature.
Click here for the original article, Herb to Know: The Mustard Seed.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE