This marinated mushroom recipe is both delicious and healthy!
This healthy Marinated Mushrooms recipe is easy to make. (And the mushrooms can be quite addictive to much on!)
Well worth the effort, these marinated mushrooms are very satisfying. The apple cider vinegar marinade is milder and mellower than those made with other types of vinegars. It adds a fresh tang to the mushrooms and is surprisingly filling when eaten as a snack between meals. SERVES 4.
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
• 1 bay leaf
• 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
• 1 stalk celery minced
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 pound small button mushrooms or large mushrooms, quartered
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup flax oil
1. In a saucepan, combine the spices, celery, water, and vinegar and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, return to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4, Remove from the stove and remove the bay leaf.
5. Let the mixture cool and add the lemon juice and flax oil.
6. Place all of the ingredients in a glass jar, refrigerate, and let marinate for at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.D., C.N.S., is one of the foremost nutritionists in the United States. She is the author of The Fat Flush Plan (McGraw Hill, 2001), Eat Fat, Lose Weight (Keats, 1999), and Why Am I Always So Tired? (Harper San Francisco, 1999).
Click here to see the main article, Spices and Herbs for Weight Loss.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE